Our accommodations include four guest houses (casitas) built with rock, sand and wood. Roofs are thatched with palm leaves. Most of the walls were built in the antique Colojché style which consists in putting together sticks and small rocks and plastering it up with a sand and water mix. Some of the walls were left without the plaster so the beautiful art of wood and sticks that lies beneath can be fully appreciated.
All rooms are decorated with handcrafted lamps, original paintings and beautiful native bedspreads, carpets and art. All of the casitas have ceiling fans and have private bathrooms with plenty of hot and cold water. All rooms have views to the forest or to the lake. The center of Ni’tun is the two-story main house with open dinning room and kitchen downstairs and a cozy living room in the second level. The heart of Ni’tun is certainly in the kitchen where we love to cook and prepare daily dishes… most of the recipes are our own and our ingredients are fresh buys.
Facilities and Accommodations include:
- Hummingbird Casita with one King size bed with iron and wooden posts, desk and ceiling fan in the room and luxury bathroom with shower and bathtub.
- Deluxe Toucan Casita with two double built in stone beds featuring amazing stone headboards, our own handcrafted Mayan art design and luxury bathroom with shower and bathtub.
- Boa Casita with two double beds with iron posts, ceiling fan, hammock and bathroom with spacious shower.
- Macaw Casita with four single beds, ceiling fan and bathroom with spacious shower.
- Hairdryers in all bathrooms
- Restaurant & Bar open also for dinner upon reservation.
- Private lake terrace and dock
- Laundry service
- Telephone (mobile)
- Internet access via WI-FI or modem
- Tour leader casita with private bathroom in our staff quarters